A Wandering American Indian Traveler

Native American cultural interpreter traveling, wandering, observing, wondering.

Friday, December 31, 2004

Family

Yesterday I went to visit family.
I spent time with my sister who I'd lost for seven years.
As I've written elsewhere, I stayed with her and her daughters years ago
when I traveled throught our childhood territory.
Then she was gone.
Family members told me she was in some small town, nobody knew exactly where.
This went on for seven years. Then hooray. Back together again.
I enjoy our visits.
Since our renewed contact she has had mdeical emergencies.
But she told me that the last year has been the best for her in
seven years.
She has her own place, she is taking care of herself, taking her meds.
We'll go to a pow wow soon.
So she can reconnect with our people.
Safe journeys,,,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home