A Wandering American Indian Traveler

Native American cultural interpreter traveling, wandering, observing, wondering.

Monday, January 03, 2005

Living in a men's boarding house

I 've lived in bunkhouses with the forest service and national park service.
There's a courtesy you extend for your housemates.
You try to keep out of each other's way.
I do that here in the place I'm staying.
I got a really good deal off craigslist.
It's a basement room, share bath and kitchen.
I am warm and dry, and that is important.
A few minutes ago, one of the housemates came home.
Lots of door slamming, banging things, slamming fridge door, cabinet doors.
Noise.
To me, indications of anger.
I ask, you all right.
No verbal reply, just an expression.
I didn't understand.
Anger scares me.
Safe journeys,,,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home